Monday, November 17, 2008

taytay

Tay's visit was amazing, of course. Spent two full days in Brooklyn, doing hip things and eating excellent food. Wandered around harlem, ate indian food, watched Slumdog Millionaire (best movie, everyone who reads this must watch it. It was a crier, for me at least. Wade remained disappointingly stoic...)
We ate Elvis sandwiches at Peanut Butter and co (Tay was brave enough to try hers with bacon) and had some crazy good american food while talking american politics (or listening to Karen and Wade talk American politics). We went to the whitney and saw a new photography exhibit (I can't remember the name of the photographer, but he was really good) and then I went downstairs to the Calder exhibit which was obviously mindblowing. Totally reminded me, Tay, and Wade of Macky.
I'm sure I've left a million things out, but that was the jist of it (gyst????????).
Ask Tay to tell you about our crazy cab times.

Today I failed (or at least did badly) on my Econ test. I'm going to have to start turning in my problem sets this week, even though they are tedious and the TA apparently has a bone to pick with every undergraduate econ student. We were moving so slowly for the whole first half of the semester that I figured I would be fine just reading the book (which I learn much more from than I do from lectures anyhow), but it's pass/fail so I should still be fine.
I've never been this stressed or incapable of doing what I need to do in, but I feel like I'm learning more than I ever have in my entire life. I think that failing at things is maybe good for me in a whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger/thomas edison sort of way.
I have to choose my classes for next semester, and I think I'm going to take another computer science course, and drop the Econ thing. Do you think I could major in lit and minor in computer science? And then go on to become a helicopter pilot for the Coast Guard?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can do whatever you want. And that's the beauty of it.

Computer science is a lot more fun than econ, in my fine opinion.

Bing said...

I feel you. On the failing and learning.