Friday, November 07, 2008

!!!

http://www.bwog.net/articles/obama_mania_on_broadway

That's what I was up to until approx. 3 am on election night...

What did you guys do to celebrate (/mourn... but I don't think I actually even know any McCain supporters, so nvm.)

Also, my texting stopped working so I called pretty much everyone in my phonebook because... it just seemed like the thing to do. I was talking to Gian in California while we were waiting for all of the polls to close, I talked (or rather screamed) to my mom while I was in Harlem, I got an email from my grandma the next morning. It was nice to feel connected to so many people--people who I've never seen or spoken to who live just blocks away from me, and people who I know and love who live thousands of miles away.
I figure everyone has the right to get a little cornball at such a special time, so that's my little Obama victory story.

In other news, I just paid a $7 copay for a 10-day bottle of penicillin at the Barnard Student Health Services clinic, which is conveniently located in the basement of my dorm. With all of the free cable, abundant lounges, and people to clean the bathrooms they're going to have a hard time getting me to move out when the time comes.

1 comment:

lara said...

Your election evening sounds amazing!!!! I hope those antibiotics heal you quickly. Have a great weekend.

xo,

Mom

p.s. I posted a ton of new stuff today--and Dad and I went to El Salvador for our date tonight, which cost $12.33 plus tip.