Friday, November 28, 2008

Stinky Subway Riders

I have been sitting next to some seriously questionably-smelling fellow subway passengers lately. But it's all worth it because Em and Bam are here, and we're having a MARVELOUS time!!! Here's what we have done:
1. H + M, Sephora, wandering through and admiring Em's old stomping grounds.
2. Thanksgiving hamburger/rueben (who knew I liked Saurkraut??? That is definitely not how you spell it)
3. Secretly learning new things about the subways, but pretending like I already knew them.
4. Eating at a CRAAAAZY chinese restaurant with roasted ducks, heads still attached, hanging in the window, and a painted roasted duck with its head still on decorating the big mirror at the center of the far wall.
5. Watched "To Be or Not To Be" with Em--forties comedy about naziism in Poland. Very good, and inspiring.
In short, just admiring the city. Each time someone visits I notice new things about the city. I really love it here, even though my complainy posts may suggest otherwise.
I've just been reading the Village Voice (we're supposed to be too cool for it, but I feel like they have good suggestions, even if the writing is a bit on the cheesy side. And free will horoscopess! (Marni turned me on to these)
I'm not even going to try to make that paragraph grammatically correct...

I haven't posted in forevs (or at least a little while) because my computer is broken, and though my new iTouch (thanks m and d!!!) is fabulous for many things, it is not a very good instrument for typing long-winded blog posts.
So now I am posting on a TOTALLY PUBLIC, Dell computer (dell = really loud/slow typing), and probably someone is going to come up behind me at any moment and read all of my secrets, and then life here as I know it will be over. Like Harriet the Spy, only not really like that at all.
Speaking of Harriet the Spy... ROSIE!!!

That's all I have to say on the subject.

I did my laundry today, I would like you all to know. It was very responsible of me, until I forgot that my clothes were still in the dryer and left to meet Bam and Em in China town. But no one is here, so aside from being slightly wrinkled (I'm too cool to wear wrinkle-free clothing, anyhow), I'm sure they will be fine. Also, I'm making a start on cleaning my room (Slow and steady wins the race. Wouldn't want to shock Rupert the fish after his recent move, anyhow...)

Everyone who reads this should comment and say how much they love me and their fave things about me, because I'm feeling a little lonely and out of touch, what with all of the Barnard students being in Long Island and everything.
Love you!!!

--Sneevs

2 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

This seems as good a forum as any to communicate with you.

I have been completely immersed in the pillowy, double-DD bosom of my family and Seattle, and it has been nice. I wish I were with you though, buried in the surgically-enhanced and pachouli-scented bosom of New York. Someday I will go there. There are TWO WEEKS until everything happens.

Boobs are good metaphors.

lara said...

Hello darling!! I'm so proud of you for doing your laundry and cleaning your room! You're getting to be such a big girl!!! Here are some fantastic things about you: your curls, your smile, the little points on the top of your lips, your humor, your math, your phone call yesterday, that you like bach, that you like butter, your taste in literature and art, your pasta, your way with the babies. I could go on, but I don't want to embarrass you further.

Send me your travel dates so I can buy your plane tix asap.

xo!!

Mommy