Sunday, November 02, 2008

Inferiority complex

As Mackenzie and I are the only ones of the post-walden clan who seem to be (somewhat) faithfully posting in blogs, I can't help but feel that we are in direct competition. And that I am losing by a wide margin.
So I've decided to step it up. Also because it is 2:30 in the morning and this whole long weekend/sickness thing has caused me to develope serious nocturnal insomnia (I have no problem sleeping in the middle of the afternoon...) (neither of my parents should feel obligated to call and lecture on this subject.)

So, first thing's first. Here is what I did the night before Halloween:


We got all dressed up to go out together because a couple of my friends were going out of town the next night (real halloween) and every other respectable college student in the city would be at the village parade on halloween, so we figured we would hit some college parties (which, we thought, were sure to be happening since no one has class on fridays and it was Halloween weekend...



This picture is mostly about our various legs. As you can see, Anna has fabulous red pleather boots, and Joanie has some very nice gay-pride socks, and, as you cannot see, I have Anna's fabulous zebra-striped pumps. Nico, the one taking the pictures, had a hard time aiming. I cut out about 2 inches of ceiling in this pic.



Unfortunately we ended up spending the best moments of the night in our hallway. This is me and Anna (greed and lust). We are pulling out of a hug which is why our arms are so weird (I hope). After we left the dorm, the night was all downhill. We checked the Lerner party space, east campus, even frat row, and not a single party was to be found. After an aborted trip to Tom's Diner (Seinfeld! Expensive milkshakes!) we wandered home to collapse in our respective beds.

Here is what I did not do on Halloween:



I was too depressed by my pre-halloween-non-party experience to get all dressed up again (slash ill from an upper-resperatory infection that seems to be attacking not only my lungs but my social life), so I skipped out on the parade and spent a lovely night in bed with General Tso's Chicken and the fourth season of Desperate Housewives.

8 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

First of all, I post. Just because it's not all "interesting" or "fun" doesn't make it invalid!!

Second of all, this is heroin, and I want more of it.

Kele said...

Ugh. Too much pressure, you know? Blogging is exhausting.

Eva said...

Liza--but you are not post walden... different sitch.
Kele--exhausting, but worth it!!! Think of posterity!!!

Anonymous said...

is there anyway you can syndicate this so I can add the feed to LJ? I really miss reading your entries!

Christian Asplund said...

The desperate housewives/chinese food sounds way more fun to me than a parade in zebra pumps. But then again I'm an agoraphobe.

xo,

mommy

Christian Asplund said...

In my next life I want to be the person who would rather strut around the village in a skimpy costume than a person who wants to go back to being a fetus in her mother's womb.

xo,

madre

Eva said...

Diana--I don't even know what that means, but I would be happy to do it. That's so sweet of you to say...
By the way, I'm still waiting on my visit!

Mama--You are silly.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the slow response... apparently I don't have it set up to notify me of comments.

Anyhoo, I have no idea how to do it either. I thought it was easy but some digging around on either site yielded nothing. I guess I'll just have to bookmark this page!

Also, visit over winter break? I don't know if you'll be in NY for that or home, but give me the dates on FB. Chances are you'll be back before I have to go back to school and we can work something out!