Saturday, January 31, 2009

Poopy.

Doesn't it feel great when you read a famous work of literature and hate it and then your teacher has you read an equally frustrating 20-page feminist critique of said work and all of your hatred is vindicated and it's worth it even though half of said feminist critique was about linseed and a short story I've never read?

Yes it does.
But only relatively to the intense pain of struggling through Milton's Paradise Lost. And the dread of having to compose a 4-6 page paper about it.

That is my life right now. Plus, I have put off buying my Symbolic Logic textbook for far too long by now, and haven't read a good magazine since I got off the plane.
On the other hand, I was mere yards away from Toni Morrison, Fran Lebowitz, and, for a brief few seconds, Martin Scorcese (SPELLING???!).
Fran is a bit of a snob, but funny none the less. Toni is a goddess and I'm in love with her. Perhaps I would feel the same about Fran if I had read her books...
Perhaps I can channel Toni as I am writing my PL paper. I am learning all about channeling people right now, apparently it can be very beneficial.

Love you all!
Email me if you feel like it, I know I've been an awful pen pal to all of everyone, but it's really not on purpose or because I think you are not as important to me as John Milton, because clearly all of you are much more important to me than Milton. Even if I've never met you.

1 comment:

Bing said...

What? You? And Toni???????
Oh, well. I got to meet Michelle Obama, and there is a good chance that I will meet Angela Merkle.
But still! Toni Morisson!
PS: Email me. You first.