Sunday, September 07, 2008

A note about the wildlife here

So I keep seeing these large, funny-looking nocturnal squirrels with naked tails. It turns out they are rats. You here stories about rats here swimming through sewage pipes and popping out of people's toilets and heating vents, and you think--There's no way. Well there is.
These rats can run faster than I can. They can jump from tree to tree with the greatest of ease. For that matter, they can climb trees.
I have never been so impressed with any species as I am with NYC rats. They truly are a species to be revered and emulated by rats and rodents everywhere.

I think my RM friends have ditched me.
But I have the Spice Girls on my iTunes now, so I'm over it already.

1 comment:

Clementine said...

The rats can run faster than you can? Is that supposed to impress me?