Saturday, September 06, 2008

Not enough people have blogs.

Taylor, Liza, Mikele. This means you. Stop wasting your writerly talents.

Rainy day in New York. It's beautiful. Girls are running around with garbage bags held over their heads like coats and little kids are splashing around in ponchos.
It's a good thing I bought two pairs of boots yesterday (for 13 each) because I at least am anticipating quite a few more days like this. I left my window open this morning (and by morning, I mean 2 pm) not anticipating that the sky could possibly have anything left to offer after the storm we had last night (the quad lawn was completely flooded. The Utah in me is very concerned about the quad lawn grass. It has not been treated well these last few weeks.) But it did.
Rian and I were at Nussbaum and Wu's, a deli with amazing bagels, fresh-squeezed oj, and not-so-amazing croissants (I don't think people here understand croissants. I keep buying them expecting something amazing, but they aren't even buttery. They're just sort of like rolls.) I made Rian sit outside with me, and our pants and the outside half of our clothes got soaked, which was ok because then we had to walk back to school, and all of our clothes got soaked.
I finally made a donation to the Barack Obama campaign. A bunch of DNC people were canvassing on Broadway, probably making use of the poor-little-me-stuck-in-the-rain factor, which worked. I donated 28.50-- 1/1,000 of the national limit for individual donations.
I may or may not get around to renting a fridge today. My Hindi homework is calling out to me (everyone pray for me to get into a PE class so that I can drop that mother like a hot potato). Milo is coming to town today, so I guess I'll probably be occupied tonight. Last night was a hanging-out-in-the-lounge-eating-chinese-take-out-and-watching-Failure-to-launch/whatever-was-on-TV night. I made a friend named Aleah (Who knew there were two people in the world named Aleah?). She had colorful puma's and helped me eat my Moo Shu Pork. I am hoping to someday return the favor. Food here is so good.
I'm excited to wear my new skirt and boots to church tomorrow. I will have to not eat today, though, because the skirt, as it turns out, is about 2 sizes too small for me, and, after the chinese last night, is probably now more like 5 sizes too small. I have completely given up on eating well balanced anythings anymore--although I did buy a box of tomatoes at the farmers market yesterday and ate them raw--but I still think the walking is going to balance it out. And the fact that they only feed us twice a day here.
I've run out of things to do.
I shall have to retire to my Hindi homework now.
Email/Call/Comment me!
Love,
eba

4 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

I like your blorg.

lara said...

I want pics of the boots.

Eva said...

Liza--I like your blog.
Fam--I'm working on the whole memory card thing.

Bing said...

Oh, the poor-little-me-stuck-in-the-rain factor. It's been good to me, it really has.