Wednesday, April 15, 2009

pixpixpixpixpixpix

Joanie, Anna and I (future suite mates--Joanie and I will be in a double togeth) went to Rigoletto at the Metropolitan Opera House last night with our English class.



The woman whose hair is in the bottom right corner of the photo is my English professor who took us all. The seats were pretty serious, but there were little subtitle screens on the backs of all of the chairs which was fun and made things a lot easier. The libretto was not necessarily enjoyable, however (in the program they defended it by saying that Verdi, the composer, had insisted on the librettist choosing words based on their sound on stage rather than any literary qualities, so it makes sense that what little there was would be lost in translation. Lots of nice irony, though, which is how I like it.)



Anna, Joanie, and Gigi--all on my floor and in my class. We got yelled at by the usher, but continued to take photos. How could we not?!



Anna and Joanie had great outfits.



You can't see anything in this pic, but I promise I did as well.




Linda wanted credit for these pics. I'll post one of her one of these days.




This was the Seder that I'm sure I've already told all of you about--it was excellent to be able to socialize with grown ups, eat delicious food ("Hillel Sandwich = apple-nut mortar + Matzah, Matzah ball soup = DELICIOUS.), and of course learn about Passover. And when it was all over I got to take home a Trader Joe's bag full of hand-me-downs home. Love Julie.



Jane and Julia, on our way to Julia's Aunt and Uncle's apartment for delicious scallop pasta, avocado and tomato salad, chips with Guacamole and bean dip (gotta capitalize guac as it is the most important part of any meal), and chocolate AND banana cake for dessert (they let us take the remainders of the dessert home with us, and needless to say they disappeared within a night.) I also still managed to squeeze in some moo shu pork and cold sesame noodles later on that night (a favorite on our floor--thanks to mom for introducing me to Empire Szechuan).



Marshall and JC! Ventured across the street to come see us.



Marsh and Joolia being adorable. Also, Anna's room being adorable.



JC and Dominique (other future suite mate). Adorbs.





Yasmeen being gorgeous as usual.

Aaaand that's all!

2 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

Good job. Love you and your clothes.

Bing said...

Verdi? No way!! I saw one of his operas in Vienna-- which one was yours?
ps: we had tiny back-of-the-seat screens too