Sunday, August 31, 2008

I am updating too often.

I missed church today and was depressed. Which is an odd feeling.
Usually sleeping through church is always exactly what I want to do.
Sleeping here is impossible, though. I'm going to need to buy a fan soon or else start sleeping outside.
I went to Riverside Park, though (it is definitely Riverside and not Central--I saw a sign. Apparently there is more than one large park in Manhattan.) It was meditative-ish. I spoke to Taylor and sat on a nice bench. I hadn't realized how much I missed grass and trees and plants and dirt until I got there. There was a lovely breeze and people jogging and families picnicking (apparently that is a real word). Very Sunday.
I met a couple of RMs in the dining hall tonight, as well, so I feel as though I've had enough spiritual experience today to practically have gone to church. One of them had gone on his mission to the Ukraine and the other to Hong Kong. They were both very friendly and not in the least creeped out when I asked them if they would show me the best way to get to church next week.
I might want to walk a few times though--from what I could gather from Mapquest, the walking route goes through Central Park.
Sorry this has been dull. I'll try and come up with something a little more entertaining next time.

No comments: