Saturday, August 30, 2008

College Post numero dos

I become more and more anti-social as the hours go by. Am looking forward to figuring out how to do my laundry and going to my "RA Night Out" which will hopefully include free ice cream or something similar.
I explored the neighborhood a little bit today--checked out the menus posted at nearby restaurants, sampled a few cheeses at the Westside Market, looked through a couple of used books at a nearby bookstore, and just generally embraced New York.
It really is an amazing place--not to sound trite or anything. I'm blown away every day by the variety of people I see. Charline taught me a game that she plays here called "Hip or Scary." That pretty much sums things up pretty well. There are also beautiful people everywhere. I don't know if it's the nice clothes or the moisture in the air, but I am constantly blown away by how attractive everyone is. Of course, no one so far is as beautiful as all of the people I left behind, but the average here is very high.
Anyhow, I am literally shaking right now because I haven't eaten anything except for salad today--there was some sort of Hillel meal going on in the dining hall today, which I didn't realize, and I felt too guilty to eat any of their food besides the salad. (Obviously I've never felt guilty enough to turn down food all together.)
So I'm going to go find something to eat. I have been frequenting the cheapie soft serve place a block down, but I figure the amount of meals that I miss and the amount that I've been walking will balance that out.
I actually have lost a little weight since getting here.
I love you all and miss you.
Keep me posted, and give me links to your blogssss!!!!!!!!!
Eva

2 comments:

lara said...

Love the post. Sounds fantastic.

lara said...

Also, your beauty is bringing the average way up.