Friday, November 27, 2009

Shows I have loved:

Futurama
The Simpsons
That Seventies Show
Friends
Seinfeld
West Wing
30 Rock
House

Shows I wish to love someday:

Dirty Sexy Money. Only because it has Dick Van Dyke. Remember when he was in Diagnosis Murder? Talk about sexy...
Simon Schama's History of Britain. I loved the art history show he did, but I've never been able to get into history. A personal failing. Perhaps if I rewatch this show, Simon will coach me to a more perfect sort of existence and I will finally be ready to fulfill my 9 Ways of Knowing history reqmt.
How I Met Your Mother. Everyone and their moms love this show. Will it be another sexist but hi-larious exploration into how men and women these days get along a la Friends? Or just another boring CBS sitcom? Only time will tell.

Until then--I just started watching Firefly. The accents are a little goofy and the dialogue's a little too clever for me, but I'm enjoying it. I love watching Nathan Fillion act. He, by the way, was born in Edmonton Alberta.

When, oh when will someone offer me a job in the television-watching industry?

1 comment:

eliza.e.campbell said...

Sex city? Gossip grill? There's also a difference between shows that I get my soul truly invested in, and ones that I just eat because they have sprinkles on them.