Sunday, February 08, 2009

I am feeling very expansive right now. Can people feel expansive? I dont' know.
But I am.
I'm reading Dreams of My Father. I have to admit, even when in Harlem on election night, I still held out a little bit in my mind, thinking that it wasn't possible that any human being merited this sort of enthusiasm. But maybe Obama does. He is an incredible writer, in any case. And that is a most important feature in any important person.
Has anyone else read this? If not, I suggest you give it a try.

I went to Winter Wonderland last night--for those of you who I haven't told about it, the CU Freshman winter formal. The music was loud enough that no sort of 2-way conversation could take place, but it was music that I like, and so I threw off my heels and danced with abandonment. There were maybe twice as many girls as boys there, and so I ended up dancing mostly with girls from my floor--Julia and I made frequent, sweaty trips to the surprisingly satisfactory refreshment table, I gulped down several cups of overly-sweetened lemonade.
There are pictures available but for some reason they don't do justice to how gorgeous we all looked.
Such is life.

Love you!

3 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

Your life is exciting.

lara said...

isn't expansive the manic side of manic-depressive--where you do things like rent out an entire floor of the Great America with a stolen credit card?

pictures? i wanna see!!! please post.

love you mucho.

Clementine said...

Is it still winter there? How? Do you ever cook things or think about me anymore or do you just eat in the cafeteria and dance the night away? I mean geez. If you were really rich I would ask you to come visit me. But I wouldn`t do that to you as a starving college student. But at least lament my loss.