Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Shack

Mrh.
That is my word of choice right now. I just got back from my place of employment, so I smell like smoke, but it's okay because I got $5 dollars in tips. Not usually an accomplishment, but my place of employment happens to host many poor tippers, and is in Utah where people don't tip anyhow, and I have to split it with everyone even though I am the one who cleans a lot of the dishes, buses the tables, takes the orders (drive-through and otherwise), and sometimes takes the food out to the customerios.
They call them "friends". I think it's creepy, but they think it fosters a spirit of comradery. Or something.
Alice and Jim are staying here, and I've been starved for intelligent company since every single one of my friends went to Turkey, so I've been hanging around listening to their adulty conversations, and probably being really annoying, but quenching (somewhat) my thirst for... You know, smart people.
I'm tired.
Ilona's B-day is on thurs (well, her party), and then it's dad. I have to buy presents still (with my five-dollar tip) and take her out to dinner, so that will mean an awkward money-related convo with the elders.
Sigh. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
On the bright side, Anthem and Shorty (Shawty?) Low played in a row, and are my favorite songs on the radio. If you say that out loud it rhymes. Or if you say it in your head.
I will leave you know, with those thoughts.
Must do laundry and organize my closet. Straightened my hair today, which means no shower/hair doing tomorrow morning.
Hooray!
Eva

2 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

Let's comment you up!

I think you should write your blorg about your cute little goings-on at the grill place. And it would be all clever and make-a-movie-about-it like.

Bing said...

Eva, did I tell you about how my next-door room neighbor was Indiah? Her name is Nidhi. I keep on talking about you to her, and she's probably getting bored of you, but she did Indian classical dancing for a long time and is extremely nice and gives me chocolate all the time.